March 22, 2018

Registration Opens for New York's "I Love My Park Day!"


New York’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation has announced that registration is open for anyone wishing to participate in this year’s I Love My Park Day which is scheduled for Saturday, May 5, 2018.

I Love My Park Day provides those who love the Parks the opportunity to volunteer in cleanup, improvement and beautification projects scheduled at Parks across the state.
 
North-South Lake is a peaceful spot with both a campground and day use facilities

To learn more about I Love My Park Day, view the list of scheduled events and to sign up to participate in one at a Park in your area (or another!), visit the Parks & Trails New York (PTNY) web site (link HERE).

According to the organization’s web site, “Parks & Trails New York is New York’s leading statewide advocate for parks and trails, dedicated since 1985 to improving our health, economy, and quality of life through the use and enjoyment of green space.”  PTNY’s annual I Love My Park Day attracts thousands of volunteers who happily devote their time and energy to the well-being of their beloved New York State Parks.  Last year, over 8,000 volunteers participated in more than 250 projects at 125 different locations.  That’s a wonderful show of affection!

PTNY is an excellent source of information regarding New York’s Parks & Trails, including the Erie Canalway Trail.  The 2018 Erie Canal Bike Tour – a 400 mile journey from Buffalo to Albany - is scheduled for July 8th – July 15th.  Complete information on this exciting event can be found on the PTNY web site.   

Tug boat pushing a barge along the Erie Canal in Amsterdam - Lock E11 in background

New York State Parks have SO much to offer – get out there and EXPLORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged and appreciated, so please do join the conversation!